Highest numbers juggled
Sergei Ignatov is a Russian juggler known for his numbers juggling. He was born on 23 August 1950 in Chemnitz, Germany, and was trained by Violetta Kiss at the Moscow circus school in the 1960s.
Sergei is the inventor of pancake throws, the brother of Leonid Ignatov, and the uncle of Sergey Ignatov Jr., who won the Advanced Ring competition in the World Juggling Federation Championships in both 2004 and 2008.
Sergei's performances have included long runs of 5 club backcrosses,(video) 7 large balls,(video) a flash of 7 ring pancakes,(video) long runs of 9 rings,(video) and an 11 ring flash.(video) He first did 11 rings successfully in 1973, and he added it to his act a year later.
Sergei was listed by JISCON for the 11 ring world record (11 catches on the 1991 IJA Highlights video, tied with Anthony Gatto's 11 ring flash from 1989) until Anthony Gatto broke the record with 15 catches in 2000. Anthony currently holds the official 11 ring world record with 17 catches, set in 2006. Sergei is rumored to have qualified 11 rings (claim in Juggler's World), which Anthony claims to have done as well.
- ↑ Ignatov's philosophy-practice, think, practice - IJA Newsletter
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 An interview with Sergei Ignatov - IJDb
- ↑ The Juggling Edge
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergej_Ignatov
- ↑ http://www.juggling.org/records/records.html (archive from 1997)
- ↑ http://www.juggling.org/records/records.html (archive form 2000)
- ↑ http://www.juggling.org/records/records.html