Former 17-19 ball passing world record holder
Highest numbers juggled
Luke Burrage (born 26 August 1980) is a British juggler, musician, entertainer and author. He was born in Kent, but lived most of his life in the North East of England. He has lived in Berlin, Germany since 2005, and has performed on all seven continents.
Luke started juggling at the age of 11 and has been a professional juggler since 2003. He has performed with up to 10 balls and 7 clubs. Luke Burrage and Ben Beever formerly held the top world records for numbers ball passing - they flashed 17 and 18 ball ultimates in 2003,(video) and 19 ball ultimates in 2008.(video)
- Individual Props: 3 Balls - 2nd place
- Games: Backcross Endurance - 1st place
- Games: Advanced 3 Ball Open - 3rd place (tied with Michael Karas)
In 2005, Luke founded the British Young Juggler of the Year event, a show and competition that takes place at the British Juggling Convention. He has hosted the main stage shows at every European Juggling Convention since 2005.
Luke Burrage did not invent the tricks Luke's shuffle or Burke's barrage, but he did invent Burke's Burrage, Luke's barrage, Luke's deal, and Luke's lobotomy, and he independently invented Luke's ear ring trick, which was originally invented by Luke Wilson. Luke also invented beatmap notation, and helped develop the rules for two popular variations of combat, called Team Combat and Fight Night.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Burrage
- ↑ http://www.lukeburrage.com/
- ↑ http://www.jugglingequipment.com/blog/luke-burrage/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 http://www.lukeburrage.com/aboutlukejuggling.html
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Juggling_world_records&oldid=311303841
- ↑ http://www.lukeburrage.com/blog/archives/1643
- ↑ http://www.juggle.org/history/honoraryawards.php#choice
- ↑ http://www.juggle.org/history/champs/champs2004.php
- ↑ http://www.lukeburrage.com/archive/juggling/movietricks.html
- ↑ http://www.dube.com/blog/?p=2028