Double rotations or doubles are throws where each club rotates twice before being caught. The basic patterns for 4 and 5 clubs are normally done with double rotations. Higher numbers are normally done with the clubs rotating at least three times per throw, and juggling those numbers with double rotations is a more difficult trick. Throw height and rotation speed can be controlled separately, so doubles with more than 5 clubs do not have to be done any lower than the basic patterns with the normal number of rotations.
Double rotations with 3 clubs is also a more difficult trick than the basic pattern, which is normally done with singles. 3 club doubles can be done at a normal 3 club height, using fast spins, or in a higher, slower pattern, with the same kind of throws used in a 5 club pattern, which is a good thing to work on to prepare for learning 5 clubs. Double spins are also used for some 3 club tricks, like 360s.
Double rotation world records with publicly available video evidence:
- 3 club doubles: 1 hour, 33 minutes, and 26 seconds by Alexandr Inozemtzev in 2021 (video)
- 4 club doubles (overall 4 club record): 1 hour, 15 minutes, and 9 seconds by Alexandr Inozemtzev in 2021 (video)
- 5 club doubles (overall 5 club record): 53 minutes and 21 seconds by Thomas Dietz in 2005 (JISCON)
- 6 club doubles: 100 catches by Jack Denger in 2020 (video)
- 7 club doubles: 32 catches by Jack Denger in 2020 (video)
- 5 club doubles: 1 hour and 25 minutes by Thomas Dietz in 2007 (claim)
- 6 club doubles: 106 catches by Jack Denger in 2020 (claim)